Keep a Dumpster From Smelling –
If you have a dumpster on your property, chances are you’ve had to deal with a bad smell at one point or another. Maybe it’s a lingering odor that’s bothersome or so strong that it’s making people sick. Either way, it’s not something you want to deal with. But the good news is there are ways to keep your dumpster from smelling bad. Read on to learn more.
1. Empty your dumpster regularly: The more often you empty your dumpster, the less time garbage has to sit around and start smelling bad. If you have the budget for it, consider hiring a company to empty your dumpster weekly.
2. Line your dumpster with garbage bags: This will help contain the smell and make clean-up more accessible when you eventually empty the dumpster.
3. Spray your dumpster with a citrus-scented cleaner: This will help mask the smell of garbage and keep your dumpster smelling fresh.
4. Place activated charcoal inside your dumpster: Activated charcoal is excellent at absorbing odors, so this is a good solution if you’re looking for a long-term fix. Just be sure to replace the charcoal regularly, as it will eventually become saturated and stop working.
5. Sprinkle some baking soda in the bottom of your dumpster: This will help absorb any odors that do manage to escape your garbage bags. Just make sure to dump the baking soda out when you empty the dumpster, so it doesn’t start smelling like baking soda instead!
Nobody likes a smelly dumpster, but thankfully there are some easy ways to prevent yours from becoming one. By emptying it regularly, lining it with garbage bags, spraying it with a citrus cleaner, or placing activated charcoal inside, you can keep your dumpster smelling fresh all year round. If you need help managing your dumpsters, contact us now.