Our experience cleaning out estates has taught us one thing: it is difficult to clear out a loved one’s home. To help ease the process, you want an organization that will be prompt, patient, and respectful during this difficult and complex time. You can trust our experts at Ready2go Dumpsters in Pompano Beach, Florida to handle your house cleaning needs while providing the best customer service possible.
Getting Ready For an Estate Clean-out in Pompano Beach, Florida
While estate clean-outs are almost never easy, there are a few pointers to help you get through the stressful process. If you encounter a situation where you really need property clean-out services, take the following steps to prepare:
- Find and file all financial documents. When a loved one dies, their taxes must still be filed. Find and save their will, any trusts or relevant documents, insurance plans, automobile titles or property deeds, lender statements, 401(k) records, tax filings, and stock certificates.
- Don’t leave any stone un-turned. Consider the things you might hide in your household and the lengths you might go to hide them. This may appear to be excessive, but we suggest searching through everything. That means searching every pocket, drawer, container, and nook and cranny for hidden treasures. Being meticulous in this step helps you save time when the expulsion process starts because you will already know where everything is.
- Keep any mementos. Keep photos, scrapbooks, and trinkets as a keepsake if you are getting ready for an estate clean-out after someone has died. We don’t recommend taking their trash and putting it in your house, but we do believe that a picture is worth a thousand words. Keep the pictures and trinkets because you’ll be thankful you did when you really need something physical to remind you of them.
- Collaborate with your relatives to distribute items. This is one of the more complicated steps on the list because determining who gets what items can be a difficult conversation. If it helps, have each family member write down what they absolutely must have and then work on making compromises from there.
- Engage the services of an appraiser. If you have antiques that could be worth something, it’s a good idea to have an estate assessor come by and assist you price everything out. That way, you’ll know what has value and what doesn’t, and it’ll make the decision to sell or donate the rest a little easier.
Consider Donating Some of Your Items in Pompano Beach, Florida
The remaining items should be sold or donated. While it may be difficult to get rid of your loved one’s belongings, you cannot take all of their personal items into your home. You’ll have to part ways with some of the trinkets at some point. If selling their items doesn’t feel right, they can consider donating them to a local charity that will gladly accept any donations.
Hire assistance. Employing property clean-out services to do the heavy lifting while you clear out the house can help to expedite the process. Our professionals at Ready2go Dumpsters in Pompano Beach, Florida are equipped to complete the job quickly so you can focus on taking good care of yourself and your relatives during this difficult time.
Residential property cleanouts should be left to the professionals, and we’re one of the most respected junk removal companies providing exceptional property and foreclosure clean-out services. We understand how frustrating it can be to clean out the home of a loved one. Allow us to do the physical labor for you in Pompano Beach, Florida. Contact us now to get started.